By continuing to use this site, you agree to receive cookies/similar technologies to measure visits, view videos and use social sharing buttons.
Find out more and change your cookies settings.
OOH advertising sites
How can JCDecaux help manage my advertising site?
What types of out-of-home media sites are managed by JCDecaux in Singapore?
We are the only outdoor media owner in Singapore that offers advertisers a suite of digital and traditional paper out-of-home solutions including bus stops along Orchard Road and in residential estates, large format billboards along expressways leading to the city, cinema screens, dOOH displays in premium shopping malls like ION Orchard and Raffles City, as well as Changi Airport. These media provide coverage among key target audience groups such as PMETs, families, Millennials, Gen Zs, the affluent and influential, as well as tourists.
Where are JCDecaux bus stop locations in Singapore?
Wide-ranging selection of bus shelters islandwide in Orchard Road, residential town centres, and the Central Business District.
Our bus shelters make an impression on more than 100,000 residents in each residential town with a dense advertising network surrounding town centres and throughout estates such as Ang Mo Kio, Toa Payoh and Bedok.
Bus shelters dominating Singapore’s main shopping belt of Orchard Road from Tanglin to Concorde Hotel build brand stature while driving shoppers to stores.
Businesses will be well placed to heighten presence among PMETs in the Central Business District through optimal coverage on our bus shelters in Marina Bay, Shenton Way and around The Fullerton.
About OOH advertising
How can OOH advertising help my business?
- Brand building. OOH creates a physical presence for the brand in choice environments, such as premium shopping malls to garner awareness and trust.
- Extend brand reach. Strategic placement of outdoor ads in public areas ensures that brand reach is extended to a mass audience.
- Drive to store. Audiences are often exposed to OOH ads 30 minutes prior to purchase, known as the “Last Window of Influence”, making it an impactful medium for attracting customers to the point of purchase.
- Drive to online channels. Majority of audiences have taken actions after seeing an OOH ad, such as searching for the brand online or visiting its social media channels.
- Prominent storefront. Outdoor media panels can serve as a storefront, giving consumers the option to scan and purchase items advertised.
What are the advantages of bus stop advertising in Singapore?
- ‘Always on’ advertising with no blocks and no skips.
- Reaches out to over 4 million audiences weekly across Singapore
- Broad reach to a mass audience, delivering a large number of impressions with JCDecaux’s bus stops at premium locations with busy vehicular and pedestrian traffic
- High exposure frequency with bus stops in residential areas
- Directs consumers to stores when placed near points of interest and amenities
Why are bus stop ads effective?
Out-of-home (OOH) ads including bus stop ads are effective in driving audiences to online or offline stores. After exposure to OOH ads, nearly 1 in 3 consumers have visited the brand’s online store, while nearly 1 in 4 have visited the brand’s physical store. OOH ads are also effective in building brand awareness and brand stature due to their prominence in high-traffic locations.
In addition, the OOH environment shares its traits with brands that are present, be it exclusivity or convenience.
Planning a campaign
What are bus stop advertising rates in Singapore?
JCDecaux offers advertising solutions that cater to different campaign needs and budgets. Get in touch with us for a recommendation.
What formats are available on bus stops?
Our digital displays at bus stops guarantee maximum viewability for still and moving DOOH ads compared to the average outdoor screen. Auto-brightness contrast controls enhance ad visibility under any lighting conditions at all times of the day, Our range of solutions also includes static advertising formats namely 6-sheet panels, flagship shelter rooftops, and shelter lights.
How do I book an OOH ad?
What is the turnaround time for bus stop campaign?
We offer flexibility for bus stop campaigns and the turnaround time can range from 3 days (for digital campaigns) to 3 weeks (for static campaigns). Our programmatic OOH capabilities allow for greater flexibility in booking bus stop campaigns.
Get in touch with us for a customised solution.
Can I run video copy on bus stops?
In line with Singapore’s traffic regulations, video ads can only be displayed if they are not directly facing vehicular traffic
How do I measure bus stop audiences?
We work with our technology partners to provide advertisers with data to optimise their campaigns, such as audience mobility information, and evaluate campaign impact through audience exposure and store visits.
JCDecaux’s Streetside Audience Measurement provides advertisers with actionable data derived from audiences’ actual travel patterns, including impressions, unique audience numbers and reach. The Streetside Audience Measurement leverages mobile phone signals to garner insights on out-of-home (OOH) audiences’ travel patterns across Singapore, factoring in audience routes beyond their regular commute, traffic orientation as well as orientation of advertising panels.
Is OOH compatible with other advertising channels?OOH is compatible with both traditional and online advertising channels.
- Location-based advertising. Displaying an OOH ad and a complementary mobile ad drives an increase of 7% more store visits.
- Directs audiences to online channels. 1 in 3 audiences have visited the brand’s social media pages after seeing an OOH ad in Singapore, demonstrating the strength of OOH media in driving offline audiences to online platforms.
- Increases effects of other media. OOH boosts the effects of other media such as TV and Facebook when incorporated as part of the marketing mix. Consumers’ ad recall rate increased by 4% to 10% when OOH was paired with TV, as compared to exposure to only TV. Sale of products have also been found to increase by 6% when OOH was paired with Facebook advertising.
During a campaign
What are the creative possibilities for dOOH?
- Dynamic content optimisation. Different versions of ad visuals are displayed based on data triggers obtained from real-time feeds, such as social media, weather and date.
- Location based targeting. Audiences who were in the vicinity of an OOH ad panel are retargeted with a complementary ad on their mobile devices to amplify the brand message.
- Gamification. A mobile device is used to control the game on the digital screen, increasing audience interaction with the brand.
- Augmented reality. Imaginary visual elements are superimposed onto the screen displaying the environment.
- Live streaming. Events such as performances and fashion shows are streamed and displayed on the digital OOH screens in real time.
Can I run contextual advertising on OOH?
Live data feeds allow for mass personalisation of brand messages through contextual advertising. Dynamic content optimisation is powered by triggers such as time of day, weather, flight data and more.
Assessing campaign effectiveness
How do I know my OOH campaign is effective?
We offer solutions to evaluate the impact of an OOH campaign depending on pre-defined objectives.
- Branding. Surveys are conducted before and after the campaign to measure the effects of the ad on audiences’ brand awareness and affinity.
- Drive-to-store. Store visits following an OOH ad campaign are measured to track incremental footfall and to produce post-campaign measurement data.
JCDecaux ONE provides advertisers with a suite of integrated solutions for an audience-centric approach to OOH advertising.
Programmatic out-of-home advertising
What is programmatic OOH?
Programmatic OOH (programmatic out-of-home) refers to the use of technology to buy OOH audiences on an impression basis in near real time.
Difference between programmatic and traditional trading?
- Impression based. OOH advertising media is bought based on audience impressions, enabling advertisers to more efficiently target audiences on-the-move.
- Greater flexibility. Programmatic OOH gives advertisers more flexibility to activate, pause and optimise campaigns based on data triggers including audience, weather, sales, events and locations.
- Multi-channel campaign planning. It also facilitates the planning of multi-channel campaigns with greater synergy enabling a single point to optimise and plan campaigns across multiple digital media formats.
What OOH inventory can I access programmatically?
JCDecaux delivers over 304 million impressions monthly across our digital advertising network in Singapore. Our OOH media sites across Singapore are connected to multi-channel DSPs, allowing advertisers to plan offline and online campaigns seamlessly.
How does programmatic OOH work?
Programmatic OOH buying takes place via a private marketplace using a Deal ID. At present, advertisers will need get in touch with JCDecaux to receive a Deal ID and activate the campaign. The ability to reach a broad OOH audience through a single DSP represents a huge step forward and makes OOH an essential addition to any digital marketing strategy.
How to start trading programmatically for OOH?
- Connection to platforms. Advertisers need to ensure that their DSP partners are integrated with an SSP that has OOH inventory such as VIOOH Exchange
- Define campaign goals. The media owner, advertiser and DSP should define and align on the campaign goals e.g. number of impressions, increase in store or web traffic and ensure these are defined in the request.
- Notify the media owner. The OOH media owner creates a deal based on the campaign parameters and shares the deal ID with the DSP.
- Content submission. Content is submitted for approval before the bidding can occur.
- Bid for the deal. Once the content is approved by the media owner the DSP can start to bid for impressions.
What type of Programmatic DOOH does JCDecaux offer?
JCDecaux Singapore’s programmatic OOH offering includes media at bus stops, with inventory at shopping malls and the airport to come in 2021. This is accessible only via private marketplace and can be bought via
- Guaranteed deals. The deal has a fixed price (CPM) and definite volume on VIOOH Exchange
- Non-guaranteed deals. The deal has a fixed or minimum floor price but with no set quantity of impressions on VIOOH Exchange
Is programmatic OOH brand safe?
Programmatic OOH offers the flexibility for advertisers to determine how, when and where ads are displayed, and to buy media in near real time.
As OOH advertising is displayed in a chosen environment within a public space, it is in essence brand safe. Furthermore, advertising content still has to be approved before the programmatic trading process can commence as an added assurance that brand messages will not be associated with undesirable content or environments.
What are the benefits of programmatic OOH?
- Audience-oriented. Brands can more precisely target audiences on-the-go and set KPIs like audience impressions. Contextual ads create opportunities to further refine audience targeting.
- Data-driven performance. Audience data allows for informed buying decisions, and measurement of in-flight metrics to optimise live-campaign and attribution across digital channels.
- Flexibility. More options for advertisers to activate, pause and optimise campaigns based on data triggers including audience, weather, sales, events and locations.
- Omni-channel synergy. The ability to book multi-channel campaigns on a single platform creates a unified brand experience across consumer touchpoints for holistic targeting, trading & optimisation.
How do you measure success of a programmatic OOH campaign?
- Brand uplift. Brand surveys are conducted to measure the difference in key brand metrics before and after a brand awareness campaign on OOH media.
- Footfall attribution. Evaluating drive-to-store campaigns requires the measurement of store visits from audiences who were exposed to the OOH ads and retargeted with a mobile campaign.
- Proof of Play. Reports showing the number of impressions delivered on an OOH screen and the start and end times of campaigns.
- Performance based metrics. When traded as part of an omni-channel campaign, metrics include web traffic, conversions and sales. Campaigns can be measured with and without programmatic OOH to show the value it ads to performance-led campaigns.