We are pleased to announce that both JCDecaux Out of Home and JCDecaux Singapore have been conferred the bizSAFE Enterprise Exemplary Award 2021 by the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Council of Singapore and the Ministry of Manpower. The award is a national accolade that recognizes companies who have demonstrated exemplary risk management and workplace safety and health performance.
It recognizes our near-perfect score on the following:
- No blacklist record, pending investigation, conviction or prosecution in court by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM);
- No fatality;
- No Major Injury case;
- No Occupational Disease case;
- No Dangerous Occurrence case;
- No Stop Work Order
- Clear communications to staff on safety rules and standards
- Regular inspections of work sites and contractors
- Enforcement of risks management measures across work site activities
We thank and congratulate Kholid, our Head of Operations and Safety, for the excellent efforts he put into the award nomination.
Evlyn Yang, Managing Director says that the award reaffirms our belief and commitment to ensuring that our staff can and should work in a safe and healthy environment at all times, as well as provide reassurance to our principal partners and contractors of JCDecaux’s absolute commitment to safety. As we continue to take on the challenges brought on by the pandemic, this award should inspire us to continue to build a strong culture of workplace safety in all the activities we engage in.
Emmanuel Bastide, CEO of Asia JCDecaux has expressed his congratulations to the Singapore team and Kholid for this amazing distinction.
Sustainable workplace practices have always been an important pillar in JCDecaux’s business operation and thanks to all our commitment, safety has become a No.1 priority.
Our Journey of Excellence in Safety and Service
2016 – bizSAFE Star
JCDecaux received its first bizSAFE Star for demonstrating excellence in the WHS management system.
2019 – ISO 45001:2018
JCDecaux Singapore became the first among the group to attain the highest level of international certification ISO 45001:2018 for excellence in safe workplace practices.
2021 – bizSAFE Enterprise Exemplary Award
About JCDecaux's Health & Safety Measures
Set Up Health & Safety Manual
- A digital safety management system was implemented
- Review of accident / incident reporting procedures was conducted
- Conduct risk assessment and implementation of risk control measures
Health & Safety Awareness Training
- Safety observation function in mobile app to report on good behaviour or unsafe work practices
- Training sessions as part of company induction procedure
- Regular training sessions on various operational safety aspects
- Scheduled inspections conducted at office and warehouse
- Site inspections are conducted to ensure compliance by contractors
Safe Driving Practices
- Ensure that drivers hold mandatory driving documents and adhere strictly to driving procedures
Evaluation of Major Contractors
- Ensure that contractors are adequately staffed and comply with safety requirements
- Through technology, detecting, monitoring and resolving safety issues in the maintenance of our advertising assets is swift and efficient